The Literacy Hub website (Website) is funded by the Australian Government Department of Education, Skills and Employment and is managed by Education Services Australia Limited (ESA).
The Website contains a phonics check (Phonics Check) and relevant resources for school leaders, teachers, and families.
Ownership and use of Material on the Website
Unless indicated otherwise:
- all intellectual property rights (including copyright) in the Material are owned by the Commonwealth of Australia (Commonwealth Material); and
- Commonwealth Material may be used in accordance with the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0) licence.
Material not available under the licence and terms described above
The permission to use Commonwealth Material above does not apply to:
- any logos including the Literacy Hub logo, the Phonics Check logo, the ESA logo or the Australian Government Department of Education, Skills and Employment logo;
- any other Material protected by a trade mark; and
- any Material that is owned by a third party (not owned by the Commonwealth of Australia).
Phonics Screening Check Material
The Website contains material from the United Kingdom (UK) Phonics Screening Check and the South Australian Phonics Screening Check (Phonics Screening Check Material). Some of the Phonics Screening Check Material used on the Website is subject to UK Crown copyright and some is subject to the Minister for Education, South Australia copyright.
The Phonics Screening Check Material:
- contains certain public sector information licensed under the UK Government Open Government Licence v3.0; and
- may be used in accordance with the UK Government Open Government Licence v3.0 but only for the purpose of supporting literacy learning improvement.
The Phonics Screening Check Material on the Website that is owned by the Minister for Education, South Australia was adapted by the Government of South Australia Department for Education with the permission of the Standards and Testing Agency of the UK Government.
Other Third-Party-Owned Material
Other Material owned by a third party (that is, not owned by the Commonwealth of Australia, the UK Government or the Government of South Australia) is listed on the Acknowledgements page of the Website.
Licence fees not payable to statutory agencies
Links to external websites
The Website provides links to third-party websites not controlled by ESA or the Commonwealth of Australia (the Commonwealth). The Commonwealth and/or ESA:
- is not liable for third-party websites;
- does not control third-party websites;
- makes no depiction of the intellectual property rights for third-party website content;
- does not endorse third-party websites and third-party content or any organisation, product or service associated with those third parties; and
- does not have the power to change any third-party websites.
Website links to third-party websites were relevant at the time of linking. However, this content is not controlled by the Commonwealth or ESA and this content may change over time without knowledge of the Commonwealth and ESA. Furthermore, at the time of publication, links to third-party websites were functional. If you come across third-party website content that you believe is inappropriate for an education-based website, please contact ESA at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disclaimer and liability
The Material is provided for your information only and you are responsible for ensuring that the Material is current, complete and accurate before using it.
ESA has endeavoured to ensure all material provided is accurate and up to date, however Material is provided to you on an 'as is' and 'as available' basis and you use it at your own risk.
To the extent lawful, ESA:
- excludes all warranties in respect of the Website and the Material; and
- is not liable for any loss or damage, however caused, resulting from the use or inability to use the Website and/or the Material, or caused to your computer or any other property as a result of your use of the Website.